Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

I've been quite busy this week with arrangements for Mother's Day, with deliveries on Friday and today.  I have the best clients in the world.  They give me (pretty much) free reign over the color and design; I'm so very fortunate.

For Sunday's deliveries, I created three color combinations:  coral, blush and purple.  Admittedly, it's pretty difficult to shop for three color palettes in the same shopping trip.  Thankfully, I had Pete to help me keep my stem count and color combination straight and a bale of unripened blueberries for inspiration.

BTW, I reached my first milestone.  I finished an entire (small) roll of cellophane!  I use a combination of cellophane and waxed tissue paper to help my arrangements.  I bought the roll in February and didn't think I'd finish it until next February.  Who knew?

almost ready for delivery
Blush Arrangement:  'Gardenia' peonies, 'Festiva Maxima' peonies, 'Miranda'
garden roses, viburnum, unripened blueberries and mountain laurel
I think this is my favorite out of the set.

Why can't unripened blueberries be available always?
Purple & Pink:  purple and pink peonies (don't know the exact names), 'Rosalinda' garden roses, 'China Pink' hyacinths,
mountain laurel, unripened blueberries and viburnum

Coral:  'Coral Charm' peonies, 'Juliet' garden roses, sweet peas, ranunculus, 'China Pink' hyacinths, viburnums,
unripened blueberries and mountain laurel.  The sweet peas, garden roses and hyacinths were the only non-local
elements.  I think that's pretty cool. 

I'll post pics from Friday's arrangements after dinner tonight (only if I don't pass out straight after).

No comments:

Post a Comment